March 14, 2008

Yesterday, my heart flew to Paris.

I hope it's having a good time, while I do not know
what to do with myself.
He left, my beautiful boy
and I am lost.
In Hebrew, you might say the word 'chaver'
and people will think
that you mean 'boyfriend'.
Yesterday, i did not correct them. For a day,
it was real
and now my heart is gone.
He says he will be back, but will my heart come back to me also
and will it be in one piece?

I wonder if anybody heard it, beating its steady beat, packed between
his baseball cap
and tefillin.

I am still hugging him goodbye, I am still not wanting to leave the airport
long after the outline of his trolley
and pink tshirt
have disappeared.
My heart is at the Eiffel Tower, not thinking of Israel.
It is in his home, beating its steady beat,
keeping his cat company, learning some French.
Not thinking of Israel.


Yesterday, my heart flew to Paris.

No comments: