February 14, 2008

Language. It's all about semantics. In politics, religion, love.
Recently, peoples' lives have begun revolving around the word 'yet'. I never noticed it before, but it's so prominent in these early-20's, this feeling of expectation. I don't feel like I've missed out on a lot of life. My blessings are numerous and wonderful. From an inside-out perspective, my little life is great and full. baruch Hashem!
There are beautiful things that haven't happened yet.., a butterfly has never come to rest on the palm of my hand for a second, the world caught on its wing. I haven't made a speech in public about how amazing my parents are, something I'm always planning in my head. They may know I love them, but I weirdly feel the need to praise them in a public forum. I've slept in a cornfield but I haven't danced in one at sunset, bare feet, light streaming through my hair a la Kirsten Dunst, Virgin Suicides. I haven't seen Vienna or the Jewish quarter in Prague, danced in a dark bar in Cuba or bought bunches of flowers from a florist in Manhattan, that sells them in metal buckets. I haven't attempted to make chocolate souffles yet, or finished learning Japanese.
There's so much more to come! "..the day is short and the task is great" - pirkei avot


No comments: